Join Udesign Photo Tours and Untapped Cities as we unearth for the inquisitive photographer. If you are interested in what’s hidden and unnoticed, join our lead photographer in taking amazing images at these great “Hard Hat” locations while learning more about photography and how New York history was.This workshop is for those who comprehend the "scene" settings and other elementary controls of their cameras but would like a better understanding of white balance, file formats (RAW, JPG etc.), color space, depth of field, flash. By the end of this walkabout you will be able to bring all of these things together to ensure more consistent results time and time again. At the end of the walkabout we shall sit down and enjoy a meal and discuss with Jeff your experiences during the workshop walkabout.
Battery Park, New York, NY 10004, USA
- Take the #1 train to South Ferry/Whitehall
- Take the #4 or #5 train to Bowling Green.
- Take the R or W train to Whitehall Street/South Ferry.
Take the M1, M6, or M15 bus to Battery Park. For schedules and maps regarding public transportation in New York City, please visit the website for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority of the State of New York.
- A camera (duh)
- Suggested lenses (but by no means a requirement)
- Wide (maybe in the 16-35mm range)
- Medium zoom (maybe in the 24-105 range)
- Longer zoom (maybe 70-200 or longer)
- If you have a flash, I would bring one
- Tripod (if you have a travel size tripod, that would be best). - We can not use these in the back areas of Ellis Island, but they might be useful for other areas.
- Enough memory - bring numerous memory cards since we will be shooting a lot
- Proper clothing for the weather conditions (which looks pretty good right now)
- A great attitude - let’s have fun!!!!!!
One more thing - we are told that you must have closed-toe shoes for the abandoned hospitals of Ellis Island. No flip flops!!!!!